Revised Edition, June 21, 2022Chief Instructor / Owner Authorized by: International Shotokan Kenkojuku Karate-Do Association, Hachioji, Japan
DOB: Nov 9, 1939, Perry, Florida 32347 USA.Married:
Gerry Ferns Bowden, December 1965.Children:
Chandra Elise Bowden, MS Elem Ed, Kerri Lynn Bowden, ParalegalGrand Children
: Grant W Williams, Jimmy A FennoParents:
A.C & Adell McCall Bowden, deceased.Shotokan-Kenkojuku Karate-Do:
1974-Present, 7th Dan Shichidan, July 30, 2020.Registered Member:
State, National and International Competitor:
- International Shotokan Kenkojuku Karate-Do Association, Hachioji, Japan, 1st-7th Dan.
- National & International Medals, 20 Gold, 10 Silver & 15 Bronze.
- Numerous State and Regional Gold-Silver-Bronze Medals
- USAKF, AAU Karate, USANKF & JKF Shotokan-Kenkojuku.
- AAU Karate All American, 6 times, 1997-2005.
- National Level Karate Referee Courses AAU Karate & USA National Karate Federation. Kata & Kumite - 8 Courses, 1997-2009.
- E-7 US Army, US Coast Guard Reserve, 1962-1970, Veteran Honorable Discharge.
- Taylor County High School - 1957.
- North Georgia College, Dahlonega, Ga - 1962 BS, Business Adm., Minor Military Science.
- University of Florida, Gainesville, Fl. - 1965 M.Ed., Math Education.
- Florida State University, Tallahassee, Fl. - 1972, M.Sc, Educational Leadership-Principal.
- Perry Hardware Company, Manager, between college & military years.
- Taylor District Schools, Perry, Florida.
- Certification: 7-Jr College Mathematics, Business Administration, K-12 School Principal.
- 7-12 Math Teacher, Jr High Principal & District Personnel Director, 1965-2002.
- Retired from School District, May 2002.
- Florida Forest Festival, Perry, Florida USA.
- Parade Chairman 1967 & 1968, Festival Chairman 1969.
- Tree Capital Credit Union, now FSU Credit Union, Perry, Fl.
- Director Tree Capital Credit Union, 1977-1987, President, 1987-1989.
- First Methodist Church Men’s Club, Perry, Fl., President 1985.
- Member Teacher Education Union, Taylor County Florida, 1965-1977, President Teacher Union, 1974-1976.
- American Shotokan Karate-Do Kenkojuku Alliance, Vice President and Founding Member of ASKKA 2013-Present.
- Taylor County Florida Teacher of the Year 1969.
- Perry Jaycees Distinguish Service Award 1970.
- Perry Jaycees Outstanding Educator Award 1972.
- WHO's Who in Karate.
- Joseph Butrim, Sensei, 8th Dan, International Shotokan-Kenkojuku
- Wayne Wickizer, Sensei, 7th Dan, International Shotokan-Kenkojuku
- Ted Raitch, Sensei, 7th Dan, International Shotokan-Kenkojuku
- John Hinken, Sensei, 7th Dan, International Shotokan-Kenkojuku
- Charlie Parker, US Army Colonel Retired, Sensei, 7th Dan Shotokan
- Pedro Alfonso, Sensei, 5th Dan, Shotokan-Kenkojuku
- Leon K Bennett, Sensei, 5th Dan, Shotokan-Kenkojuku
- Dr Sean Padgett, Sensei, 3rd Dan, Shotokan-Kenkojuku
- Jackie Koeller, Sensei, 3rd Dan, Shotokan-Kenkojuku
- Miles Owens, DVM, Sensei, 3rd Dan, Shotokan-Kenkojuku
- Daniel Simpson, 3rd Dan, Shotokan-Kenkojuku
- Joaquin Trujillo, PhD, 2nd Dan, Shotokan-Kenkojuku
- Nathan Frazer, 1st Dan, Perry, Fl Dojo
- Nicole Gibson Ernst, 1st Dan, Perry Fl Dojo
- Mitchell Worthy, 1st Dan, Perry FL Dojo
- Trey Regar, 1st Dan, Perry FL Dojo
- Lynesey Jones, 1st Kyu, Perry, Fl Dojo